Friday, July 24, 2026

20/2020s

The Zone of Interest (Jonathan Glazer, 2023)
Dinner in America (Adam Rehmeier, 2020)
The Northman (Robert Eggers, 2022)
Mad God (Phil Tippett, 2021)
The Substance (Coralie Fargeat, 2024)
Obsession (Curry Barker, 2025)
Benedetta (Paul Verhoeven, 2021)
Hatching (Hanna Bergholm, 2022)
No One Will Save You (Brian Duffield, 2023)
Crimes of the Future (David Cronenberg, 2022)
Furiosa: A Mad Max Story (George Miller, 2024)
Godzilla Minus One (Takashi Yamazaki, 2023)
R.R.R. (S.S. Rajamouli, 2022)
Deadstream (Joseph Winter & Vanessa Winter, 2022)
Last Night in Soho (Edgar Wright, 2021)
MadS (David Moreau, 2024)
The Furious (Kenji Tanigaki, 2025)
Apples (Christos Nikou, 2020)
Anora (Sean Baker, 2024)
Warfare (Ray Mendoza & Alex Garland, 2025)

If you're unfamiliar with the 20/2020s meta, it's essentially your top twenty films of the decade.

It took me just over six and a half years to complete this; which is about six years longer than the average, smooth-brained Letterboxd user who compiled one.

I wouldn’t say I’m a stickler for perfection, but it took me a while to find enough worthy films that cut through all the noise and glazing. The list is also a constant reminder that I haven't reviewed Dinner in America or Last Night in Soho yet.

With three years and some change left, there are bound to be a bunch of future titles which will qualify and switch up the current list above. At least, I hope so. Imagine the cultural landscape if there weren’t.

No comments: