Saturday, December 17, 2022

Worst Films of 2022

2022 might go down as a noticeable improvement over the last couple of years, but let's not kid ourselves in pretending there weren't a plethora of atrocious films released during this period; films which were so bad that I didn't even bother hyperlinking.

Below is a timely reminder why certain film makers should have stuck to their lane eking out a living helming music videos, posting food pics on Instagram, or better yet, should have just quit film school altogether:

Worst 2022 Films I Watched:

A Banquet (Ruth Paxton)

The Batman (Matt Reeves)

Bodies Bodies Bodies (Halina Reijn)

Cow (Andrea Arnold)

Death Hunt (Neil Mackay)

Everything Everywhere All at Once (Dan Kwan & Daniel Scheinert)

Firestarter (Keith Thomas)

Fresh (Mimi Cave)

The Gray Man (Anthony Russo & Joe Russo)

Halloween Ends (David Gordon Green)

Hellraiser (David Bruckner)

Jikirag (Alexander J. Baxter, Leigah Keewatin & Jessica Moutray)

The Munsters (Rob Zombie)

Mutant Ghost Wargirl (Liu Binjie)

Nope (Jordan Peele)

Poser (Noah Dixon & Ori Segev)

Scream (Matt Bettinelli-Olpin & Tyler Gillet)

The Seed (Sam Walker)

She Will (Charlotte Colbert)

Studio 666 (B.J. McDonnell)

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (David Blue Garcia)

Two Witches (Pierrre Tsigaridis)

Cracks me up whenever I spot a movie I thoroughly detested making it in various Best Films lists. Only proves to me just how irrelevant most critics are.

Sat through all of these horrid films; right up to the end credits. For this reason I've more than earnt the right to shit on them every chance I get. There are probably even worse films from this year that I still haven't seen; counting my blessings that I won't ever do so.

4 comments:

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Would add White Noise.

The worst movie of the year is probably that new Avatar flick but I'll never watch it to find out. Dead @ that shit being 3 frigging hours long.

Spartan said...

The only film that was able to maintain my attention with a three-hour and beyond run time this year was R.R.R. Doubt anything else will ever accomplish this feat anytime soon.

Have no real desire to check out that new Avatar film.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

If only James Cameron had retired in 1992.

Spartan said...

Agreed.

Might have to retract my blurb over Kermode being one of 2022’s villains after his review of the new Cameron film and his impression of Fenella the Witch from Chorlton & The Wheelies.